Thoughts of Rup

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bad run

Did my weekly trip to Gutshot on Friday for the £10 rebuys.

The tournament was pretty boring, got to 3000 chips from the initial 500 by taking flops cheap and hitting lots. A couple of 50/50s lost set me back and I decided to go out just before the end of the rebuy period at damage of £20.

Went to the pony game for some action, lots of familar faces around. One pretty nice hand, I limped with 74 suited in midposition, guy in late position bet the pot and I called with about 4 runners. Flop came Q4x and everyone checked. Turn card was a 3 and the initial raiser bet £3 which only I called. River came a Q and he bet £10. I was fairly certain that he had been betting and missed with something like AK/AJ maybe even AT in this game so I called and the 74 was good. Everyone was pretty surprised with my call, he showed AK and I reasoned that that was exactly how I used to play AK.

Another big hand, I straddled for £1 (an additional optional blind making it £0.25-£0.50-£1) and found aces. Nearly everyone called and I bet out the pot to make it £7 to play. 2 callers and I was in midposition. Flop came 974, pretty much an ideal pot for me. UTG made it £10, a fairly small bet considering the pot size, so I went all the way with my money which was about £60. They both called! I knew I was in big trouble, Jimmy who was last to act said he hoped one of us had Aces. I showed them, he showed 99, and the other guy showed 97.

After rebuying in a couple of times (can't remember how I did my second pony), I had found my way back up to around £45. I limped with 99 and the small blind bet out the pot making it £7 more for everyone. Nearly everyone called and the pot stood at around £30. The flop came 443 and it checked round to me, I bet out the pot which was all of my remaining money. It folded to the inital raiser who thought and kept saying he thought I was trying to bluff the big pot. He eventually called and asked if I had the 4. I said I didn't and he said "I knew it". The turn was another 4 and the river an ace. I say I have 9s and he says well i've just rivered you then and he showed AQ! Bit annoying but he's made an incorrect play and so I have gained in the long run from it...

I ended the night stuck £160 which includes meals/drinks/internet so a pretty bad night all in all.

On Saturday I made £210 from sports betting which was nice and today I am off to Gutshot again with the Imperial Poker Society to play in the £30 freezeout which should be good fun although i'm hoping to get an earlier night than normal trips to the gutshot which means leaving before the tube is closed. Of course if I get far in the tournament then I guess I will shift the 20 quid for the taxi home...

Till next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home