Thoughts of Rup

Thursday, June 08, 2006

World Cup Fever

For my sports betting I use a tipping service since I am too inept to make my own picks. I've put a couple of the ones I like down as well, most of the prices the tipping service offers is all taken so I don't think they will mind if I post the bets here.

12pts @ 3.75 - Sweden to win Group B World Cup
6pts @ 2.625 - Holland to win Group C World Cup
5pts @ 2.625 - Mexico to win Group D World Cup
10pts @ 1.91 - Portugal to win Group D World Cup
6pts @ 3.5 - Ukraine to win Group H World Cup
5pts @ 6.0 - Switzerland to win Group G World Cup
10pts @ 10.0 - Italy to win the world Cup
2pts EW @ 17.0 - Spain to win the World Cup

The Portugal and Mexico bets combined basically amounts to a 2pts bet @ 2/1 on Portugal if you consider that Togo and Angola have no chance (which they don't really).

I like all of those picks except the Italy one. I suspect they will recommend laying off Spain after the group stages.

I only have one pick, 2pts @ 37.0 - Luca Toni to be top goalscorer. He's trading low 20s on Betfair now so looks like I picked up a bit of value there.

That's it then, COME ON ENGLAND! (just let Sweden win the group!)

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger skolsuper, at 6:30 am  

  • "I like all of those picks except the Italy one."

    Good work. You don't need those tips any more, you can make it on your own. Let me know how you get on.

    By Blogger skolsuper, at 6:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home