Thoughts of Rup

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Turbulence

I've been playing lots out of my bankroll and donating lots on cash games so it's been a very up and down week.

I withrew a fair chunk of my bankroll from stars last Wednesday and went to Bishops Stortford to play the £20 rebuy there. Only 24 runners or so and I was in for £140 somehow and ended the rebuy period with just about the minimum... Fortunately I went on to win it for a tidy £400 profit. Dropped 150 on the £1/2 cash game playing weak-passive.

Went back to sit and go's on stars and ran badly (and played badly in this batch). Entered a $50 rebuy on stars and got deep before shoving ATo UTG (very very questionable push in hindsight) and got called by a Q4s misclick in the SB which hit.

Dropped $900 playing $10/20 NL.

Won an $11 freezeout the next day (15th) for $1.5k which got me out of that hole and reloaded $600 for the stars reload bonus.

Dropped $2100 playing 25/50 NL.

Won a PLHE frequent player point satellite for $530 which I intended to use for the WCOOP #2 event. Also won a $20 180 player sit and go for $1080 to get me unstuck once again (or near enough anyway).

Sunday... -$530 on the WCOOP, -$215 on party million, -$215 on stars second chance, +$346 for coming 11th in the stars $215 HORSE. Very annoyed by that result since I lost a 45k pot when I raised UTG in O8 (6 handed with 23k, blinds 10k/20k) with AK57 to 10k, BB calls then leads a KQT flop I shove he calls with KJ75. Turn was an ace to send me packing. Has inspired me to play the HORSE WCOOP event (the $215 not the $5k obv).

Anyway, dropped the HORSE winnings on $5/10 very quickly and we get to yesterday where I won the £10 rebuy at bishops for £650.

To sum up: tournaments good, cash bad. Cash is my vice. I need to stop gambling on it. I have a bigger edge at roulette when I play cash games badly.

3 Comments:

  • your playing at high altitude there mate 10-20 and 25-50NL on stars are some fierce games.

    By Blogger MadYank, at 10:49 am  

  • Yeah, bit stupid really. It's far too easy to tilt into big games which is bad

    By Blogger Rupert, at 7:54 pm  

  • Hey,

    you mention that you played in bishop stortford for £20 rebuy. just wondering where abouts in bishop stortford this is as im looking to play some live games and BS is the closest place to where I live.

    Cheers
    http://www.thegopropoker.com/blog

    By Blogger Daniel, at 12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home